Film & Video Editor
Responsible for cutting and editing film footage until it meets a director's approval. Rearranges and splices scenes that have already been shot, determines if scenes need to be reshot, and inserts music, sound, or optical effects.
- Edit film until it meets director's specifications.
- Watch scenes and determine which will end up on cutting room floor.
- Rearrange scenes.
- Work with and manipulate raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- Determine which camera angles to use.
- Insert music, sound, or optical effects.
- Use nonlinear digital editing systems to edit clips.
- Work with work prints to organize the scenes and transitions that make up a film.
- Create edit decision lists to correspond to the edge numbers.
- Edit film for commercials, station identification, and public service messages on television films and tapes.
- Check films for damage.
- Purge damaged or old tapes.
- Work on feature films, television programs, music videos, corporate training videos or advertisements.
- Reorder and tweak the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Input uncut rushes and sound.
- Determine exact cutting for final stages.
- Work with director to achieve desired end result.