Extractive Worker Manager
Responsible for supervising the excavating and boring at construction sites, especially at mines. Sets up schedules, reads blueprints, confers with supervisors, directs others while job is being completed.
- Supervise assistants.
- Train, hire, and terminate assistants and workers.
- Compile reports.
- Estimate budgets.
- Keep project phases on track.
- Prepare area to be drilled.
- Clean up and remove debris.
- Set up extracting and boring equipment.
- Ensure machines are working properly and nothing is malfunctioning.
- Transport parts and materials.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Monitor equipment and cranes during operation.
- Place materials into well holes.
- Assist workers in placing drilling or boring equipment near specified site using blueprints.
- Remove debris after excavation.
- Dig trenches.
- Signal workers when job has been completed.
- Follow safety standards.
- Supply outfits and equipment to workers.
- Keep materials clean and organized.
- Work with project manager to determine schedules.