Responsible for researching, testing, and developing solutions to environmental problems. Creates processes in relation to water and air pollution control, waste disposal, recycling, and public health issues.
- Create solutions to environmental problems.
- Build upon existing solutions to make them better.
- Conduct hazardous waste management studies.
- Evaluate significance of hazards and determine proper disposal and management methods.
- Advise on treatment and containment.
- Develop regulations to prevent catastrophes.
- Design municipal water supplies.
- Create industrial wastewater treatment systems.
- Perform on the environmental impact of construction projects.
- Analyze scientific data.
- Perform quality control checks and correct malfunctioning equipment.
- Research and analyze proposed worldwide environmental projects using scientific data.
- Study affects of acid rain, auto emissions, ozone depletion, and global warming and find solutions to these global problems.
- Create regulations to protect wildlife.
- Help clients comply with regulations.
- Prevent environmental damage.
- Participate in the cleanup of hazardous sites.
- Advise federal, state, and local governments on the best ways to expand highways, create new towns and cities, and how to reuse and recycle waste.