Responsible for developing and testing solutions to solve technical problems in research and development, manufacturing, sales, construction, inspection, and maintenance. Assists engineers, inspects products, conducts tests, and collects data.
- Create solutions to complex technical problems in a variety of industries.
- Assist engineers and scientists as they create, modify, and test products and processes.
- Perform extensive research and development during creation phase of product.
- Inspect products and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct tests and collect data.
- Assist in product ensign, development, and production.
- Build and set up equipment.
- Prepare and conduct experiments.
- Calculate or record results during experiments.
- Create prototypes of equipment.
- Utilize computer-aided design and drafting equipment during design phase.
- Operate and maintain equipment used to test aircraft and spacecraft.
- Calibrate test equipment.
- Program and run computer simulations to test designs virtually.
- Plan and oversee the construction of highways, buildings, bridges, dams, wastewater treatment systems, and other structures
- Estimate construction costs and specify materials to be used.
- Perform land surveying.
- Monitor traffic conditions.
- Design, develop, test, and manufacture electrical and electronic equipment such as communication equipment, medical monitoring devices, navigational equipment, and computers.
- Design, develop, test, and manufacture electronic and computer-controlled mechanical systems.
- Develop methods used in the prevention, control, or remediation of environmental hazards.