Delivery Services Truck Driver
Responsible for driving a van or lighter vehicle to deliver and pick up merchandise or packages. Takes orders, intercepts package, and delivers to appropriate person. Obtains signature.
- Deliver goods to people or companies.
- Take orders in person or over the phone.
- Determine address where package is going.
- Check to see if package is damaged.
- Load merchandise into van or truck.
- Follow traffic signs and street signs to get to destination.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle, adding fluids and oil as needed.
- Check tires, brakes, lights, and gas.
- Add fuel when running low.
- Take payments when needed.
- Present change and receipts.
- Ensure address on package matches up to delivery address.
- Monitor traffic conditions to avoid delays.
- Read and interpret maps and GPS directions.
- Maintain logs of packages delivered.
- Ensure inventory loads match shipping papers.