Responsible for guiding a team of employees in an advertising or marketing setting. Approves what ideas and concepts go forward to the client. Makes quick decisions under tight deadlines.
- Manage creative team in an advertising agency.
- Approve or reject advertising campaign ideas.
- Ensure team meets deadlines and stays within budget.
- Attends photo shoots and supervises production team.
- Write copy for clients' ads, brochures, TV spots, radio, and other forms of advertising.
- Research the technical properties of products.
- Determine what makes products appealing to consumers.
- Develop unique, new concepts.
- Conceive, develop and produce effective advertising campaigns.
- Work with account executives to determine client needs and budget.
- Ensure campaign stays within budget.
- Create and present storyboards of ideas.
- Work with art directors to create ideas.
- Write clear and persuasive copy for websites, brochures, ads, and other means of advertising.
- Update digital media with timely content.
- Perform search engine optimization techniques.
- Oversee campaigns from production to completion.
- Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed or directed by client.
- Respond to feedback in a timely manner.
- Work within tight deadlines.
- Cast actors for TV and radio work, including voiceovers.
- Monitor and change advertising campaigns to change effectiveness.
- Check copy for spelling and grammar errors.
- Work with media planners/buyers and the production department to fully develop the advertising campaign.
- Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends.