Compensation or Benefits Specialist
Responsible for analyzing compensation data within an organization and evaluating job positions to determine classification and salary. Administers employee insurance, pension and savings plans and works with insurance brokers and plan carriers.
- Design, implement, and manage salary classification and compensation programs
- Conduct analysis of compensation and benefits within company.
- Prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, and salary scale.
- Improve recruitment and retention.
- Oversee competitive analysis, merit increases and salary structure.
- Develop job descriptions for various positions and determine appropriate base pay.
- Analyze surveys to ensure appropriate compensation across all departments.
- Forecast budget for salary increases.
- Administer and manage employee insurance plans.
- Oversee pension and savings plans.
- Advise on salary increase requests.
- Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers.
- Research job and worker requirements, structural and functional relationships among jobs and occupations, and occupational trends.
- Advises managers and employees on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefits and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs.