Chief communications Officer
Responsible for the public relations aspect within an organization. Builds and sustains a company's reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction. Writes and delivers press releases and handles all communication sent to the public
- Manage company brand and reputation.
- Ensure public views the organization favorably.
- Create and launch press releases and marketing campaigns.
- Contact members of the media to set up interviews with company reps.
- Get company featured on radio, TV, or the Internet.
- Ensure that all opportunities for the CEO are fully vetted.
- Drive corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with media reps.
- Develop delivery and packaging plans for corporate messages.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for search engines.