Responsible for helping chemists and engineers to develop, research, produce, and observe chemical products and processes. Works in laboratories, conducts experiments, and monitors production processes.
- Conduct chemical experiments in laboratories.
- Monitor production processes in manufacturing facilities such as chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing plants.
- Help scientists and engineers in researching, developing, and producing chemical products and processes.
- Perform tests on products to make sure that they meet standards and specifications.
- Monitor chemical processes.
- Prepare chemical solutions to experiment with.
- Clean and monitor equipment.
- Observe and conduct chemical and physical experiments, tests, and analyses.
- Prepare reports, charts, and graphs.
- Develop more efficient production processes.
- Work under the supervision of chemists or chemical engineers.
- Help chemists develop new medicines.
- Analyze compounds produced through complex chemical processes.
- Analyze samples of air and water to monitor pollution levels.
- Set up and maintain laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Adjust processing equipment to improve production efficiency and output.
- Collect samples from production batches and test for impurities and defects.
- Test product packaging to ensure it will be OK for the environment.