Responsible for operating cameras to capture moments on film or to film people and places for various projects. Purchases and maintains camera, develops film, and cleans up pictures as needed.
- Own and operate camera for shooting assignments.
- Operate video camera to capture moments or pictures.
- Ensure proper lighting is achieved.
- Travel to different locations depending on assignments.
- Take posed and candid shots.
- Provide edited versions of tapes.
- Assist with camera work for documentaries or independent film.
- Film television programs, commercials and music videos from a studio or a set in a fixed location.
- Thread the camera and set the focus.
- Clean the camera.
- Handle the clapboard, load film magazines, and fill out camera report sheets.
- Move cameras and other equipment around as needed.
- Take promotional pictures.
- Direct participants in shots.
- Edit shots.
- Remove red eye, resize, and crop pictures as needed.
- Expose high contrast film for predetermined exposure time.
- Adjust lens and secure different lens sizes depending on shot.
- Select and install screens and filters in camera to produce desired effects.
- Use software to manipulate photos.