Aircraft Systems Assemblers - Precision
Responsible for repairing, installing, and assembling components for aircraft systems. Perform subassembly, fit parts, and test systems for malfunctions.
- Assemble and fit aircraft structural parts.
- Rivet and derivet aircraft structural parts.
- Repair structural components.
- Perform a subassembly.
- Remove and install aircraft system components.
- Test components for wear and tear.
- Perform repairs as needed.
- Read and interpret drawings, diagrams and manuals, and produce sketches.
- Overall aircraft.
- Manufacture, modify, and repair sheet metal parts.
- Create structures, skins, and panels to exacting tolerances.
- Use and interpret structural repair manuals.
- Perform composite component fabrication and repair.
- Repair and overhaul rotary wings.
- Repair and overhaul fixed-wing aircraft.
- Perform CNC precision sheet metal fabrication and structural modeling.
- Create metal-to-metal structural adhesive bonding preparation of product specifications and compliance programs.
- Install and test mechanical and hydraulic flight control systems.
- Perform component testing.
- Create surface and thermal treatment weights.
- Align, fit, assemble, connect, or install system components, using jigs, fixtures, measuring instruments, hand tools, or power tools.
- Adjust, repair, rework, or replace parts and assemblies.
- Layout and mark reference points.