Responsible for Portraying role in production to interpret character or present characterization to audience. Must read scripts, take cues, and rehearse with others when preparing for and acting out a role.
- Interpret serious or comic role by speech, gesture, and body movement to entertain or inform audience for stage, motion picture, television, radio, or other media production.
- Rehearse and memorize lines.
- Entertain, convey characters and express emotions in front of a live audience.
- Take cues from director.
- Use body language and movement to bring out character.
- Interpret the work of a writer under the instruction and support of a director.
- Improvise the reactions of a character to a situation.
- Work in live stage performances of the classics and community theatre, soap operas, radio work and film parts.
- Prepare for and attend numerous auditions.
- Do voice-overs for advertisements or recording 'talking books' for CDs.
- Research for a part by reading material or shadowing a person similar to the character being portrayed.
- Work as a walk-on or extra in television or film.
- Discuss interpretation and delivery with other members of the company and the director.
- Improve performance based on feedback from the director.
- Collaborate with other actors as part of an ensemble.
- Promote productions using means such as interviews about plays or movies.
- Write original or adapted material for dramas, comedies, puppet shows, narration, or other performances.
- Prepare and perform action stunts for motion picture, television, or stage productions.