|Department: Hose Shop||Job Status: Full Time|
|FLSA Status: Non-Exempt||Reports To: Warehouse Manager|
|Job Type: Regular||Amount of Travel Required: None|
|Work Schedule: Day Shift||Positions Supervised: None|
|Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, the Hose Shop Technician is responsible for measuring, cutting, assembling and testing hose assemblies and following product, manufacturer and company’s procedures to meet customer’s orders or inventory levels. This position will use powered saws, hydraulic crimping presses, measuring devices (including tape measures and calipers and pressure testing equipment engraving/electro etch to otherwise identifying assemblies per customer requirements.|
|To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.|
|• Cutting, assembling hoses and inspecting or testing completed assemblies.
• Utilizes hand and power tools, electronic and pneumatic testing fixtures and devices.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings
• Ability to read a measuring tape and use basic tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as purchase orders.
• Pulling customer orders from stock according to purchase orders.
• Proper and orderly storage, optimum space utilization, and stock inventory procedures.
• Detail oriented with an ability to follow the specs of the production job.
• Sorting and placing merchandise on racks, shelves, or in bins.
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
• May use company vehicle to make pickups.
• Must maintain a clean work environment.
• Enjoys working in a shop with a team atmosphere where each team member contributes to the end result of delivering a high-quality hose assembly to the customer.
|• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
|Computer Skills:||Competent in basic computer operations, proficiency in Microsoft Word and other Office software preferred.|
|N (Not Applicable)||Activity is not applicable to this position.|
|O (Occasionally)||Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)|
|F (Frequently)||Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)|
|C (Constantly)||Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)|
|Exposed to shop environment.|
|The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements bay be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.