Talgo Inc is looking for Electrical Engineer with 1 to 3 years of experience, for an exciting job opportunity working on Trains!
As a member of the Engineering staff, the electrical engineer is responsible for engineering work of various types in the design or re-design, manufacture, installation, operation, or maintenance of electronic systems or equipment. Uses research techniques to analyze and validate design or theory concepts. Performs complicated engineering work exercising independent judgment and action. Applies research principles and techniques to the design, development, or testing of electronic systems, equipment, products, or facilities
This list of duties and responsibilities are not inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The right candidate shall possess the following qualifications and experience to be considered for the position:
- Be a part of a team that manages the day-to-day activities at the manufacturing facility related to the electrical installation and testing of components and the assembly of the train cars.
- Responsible for assisting with the Testing and Commissioning of the Train Sets.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing all technical specifications in regard to all electrical matters, this includes information from the customer, supplier or any Federal agency.
- Develop and manage the technical documentation of processes and products, and the requirements of their quality.
- Analyze and make proposals for improving designs and concepts for optimizing processes and products.
- Assist in defining and implementing the manufacturing processes for electrical installations and components.
- Support and advise in solving production problems
- Assist in developing training material for the customer and also provide assistance in any electrical technical matters.
- Attend project meetings in support of the project.
- Analyze and interpret schematics, drawings, and technical manuals.
- Hands on work are required for testing electrical components, wiring, and overall all system components. This includes closely working with the production staff.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- At least 3 -5 years hands on experience in electrical engineering for manufacturing assembly; preferably in the rail industry.
- AS or BS in Engineering is required.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma is a plus.
- Training in 3D CAD tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in SAP a plus.
- Experience with contractual related project/work environment, in providing engineering support to electronic maintenance and modification systems, and in establishing processes/guidelines for electric design.
- Experience working with analog circuit simulation tools, i.e., PSPICE. Knowledge of CAD software (ProE or AutoCAD preferred).
- Must have working knowledge of computer software to include but not limited to MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
We pay 100% Health Benefits for employee, 50% for dependent, 401K with company match and a great time off policy.
Talgo, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Talgo, Inc. operates a drug and alcohol-free workplace
Talgo, Inc. participates in E-Verify
Talgo, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate with respect to hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.