Government Account Manager (Healthcare)
Position ID: R2122
Location: Rockville, MD
Full-time, with benefits.
Hendall seeks an experienced government account manager to identify, win, and lead professional services contracts with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The position requires a broad understanding of CMS programs, initiatives, and goals; experience leading capture and business development activities within CMS; and strong leadership qualities.
- Identify new business opportunities within CMS and develop and execute capture strategy to secure identified work
- Maintain relationships with various CMS leaders to identify, pursue, and secure new client opportunities
- Research and analyze opportunities based upon resource capabilities, teaming options, incumbent strengths and weaknesses, competing providers, and budget and schedule requirements
- Lead the capture and proposal lifecycle for specific opportunities
- Provide operational oversight and direct supervision for CMS account portfolio
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues affecting successful project performance
- Author proposals, white papers, standard operating procedures, and other content
- Present frequent executive-level reports, which include qualifying statuses of both in process bids and pipeline opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires BA/BS with 12 to 15 years of experience, with at least six years of experience as a manager
- At least 5 years of experience working within the CMS contracting environment
- Experience managing a business in start-up and growth phases
- Proven track record in business P&L management, financial concepts, and contract law
- Experience developing executive level customer relationships including very good negotiation, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, generate ideas, and sell the solution
Hendall Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.