This position is responsible for developing, preparing, and conducting technical training for the workforce. Coordinates training activities with Production management to train and maintain certification requirements. Based on customer/business requirements, will also develop specialized training programs, as required, to improve skills and quality consistent with Sypris’ quality standards.
Experience / Requirements
• Current CIT certification to IPC/J-STD’s as required by production, including, but not limited to IPC-A-610, IPC-7711/7721, and J-STD- 001 and Space Addendum
• Minimum of five year’s experience in the electronics manufacturing industry
• Excellent organizational communication skills
• Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
• Ability to maintain and update Excel files
• Ability to maintain/update training (Power Point presentations) to assure the latest techniques and lessons learned are incorporated into training
• Ability to interface technically with all internal and external customers
• Ability to obtain a U.S. Government granted security clearance, if necessary
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Works closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Operations to ensure all training requirements are met. This may include all workmanship standards as well as additional Sypris required training such as Component Identification, ESD, FOD, MSD, etc.
• Conducts periodic “in service training” sessions around specific products and techniques
• Prepares training materials, classroom, and curriculum for training classes, as required
• Ensures all training kits (including Lead Free kits), certificates, standards, and materials are properly maintained
• Works with Production management to plan and schedule classes/training dates
• Maintains and updates appropriate electronic databases for training records
• Assures no gaps in certifications by monitoring databases for upcoming training and recertification due dates and works with managers to schedule required training
• Documents IPC training within the IPC organization’s on-line process
• Maintains hard copies of training records for audit and training purposes
• Oversees and evaluates sample tinning, forming, and soldering techniques on training/qualification exhibits
• Performs inspector and operator evaluations and provides review of techniques to management
• Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for specification ambiguity between Sypris and CSI/GSI (Customer Source Inspection/Government Source Inspection)
• Routinely performs PA audits (in process and final) on products which also give visibility to the workmanship quality of the employees performing production work
Sypris Electronics, LLC provides goods and services to the U.S. Government and other prime contractors and is obligated by its contracts with those entities, as well as by various federal laws and regulations regarding security and export control, to restrict access to certain goods, services, and/or any related information. Accordingly, Sypris Electronics has a policy of only hiring U.S. citizens. Upon employment all employees have to provide evidence verifying U.S. citizenship.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Pre-employment drug screening required.
Sypris Electronics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Sypris Electronics does not, and will not, discriminate against a person on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, in any aspect of employment opportunity.
Sypris Electronics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package upon date of hire including health, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) with company matching. We also offer a 9/80 work schedule.