Talgo Inc. is seeking a Facility Safety Lead that participates in and oversees a variety of activities supporting the implementation and oversight of Talgo Milwaukee’s Safety Program. Acts as the facilitator for the Milwaukee Safety Program Steering Committee. Ensures the Safety Steering Committee meets monthly. Publishes Safety Committee meeting minutes. Acts as lead investigator for any” near Misses” and/or Safety incidents, etc. Coordinates with the Shop Manager and the production team to hold monthly Safety walkthroughs of the production floor. Publishes findings and tracks closure of those findings. Coordinates with the Production team to hold safety training (site evacuation, slips trip and falls, etc.) as scheduled. Upholds and follows the standard set of Milwaukee Safety policies and procedures.
This position reports to the Facility Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Individual can be a Mechanic, Electrician, Wire Harness Assembler or Commissioning Specialist
- The successful candidate will spend approximately 60% of an average working within his craft. The remaining 40% will be dedicated to the support of the Talgo Milwaukee Safety Department.
- Establish, monitor and facilitate a Talgo Milwaukee Safety Committee. This committee will meet monthly. The Safety lead will take notes at the meeting and publish minutes.
- Coordinate with the General Manager to conduct safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow-up assessments.
- Coordinate with the General Manager to plan, implement, and conduct preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
- Coordinate with the Shop Manager to perform monthly facility Safety Walkthroughs. The Safety lead will document and publish any findings. He will monitor closure of those findings.
- Support the responsible supervisor in the investigation of any safety incidents or near misses.
- Report directly to the General Manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The phrases “occasionally”, “regularly”, and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “Regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools or controls; talk and hear; stand; walk; reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move drawings, files, parts, and manuals weighing up to 10 pounds, and climb ladders and/or steps to access equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
During the performance of his/her work duties, the employee will “regularly” lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in a manufacturing environment and is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outdoor weather conditions. He/she is regularly exposed to work in high places. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Safety protective equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times.
What do we have to offer?
- One to three years of industrial experience in their craft and/or an Associate’s Degree preferably in Safety related field
- Strong safety focus
- Attended the OSHA 10 or 40 hour course a plus
- Interpersonal skills needed to positive interact with management and shop floor personnel.
- Must have a positive work attitude
- Ability to take initiative and to meet deadlines
- SAP experience is a strong plus
- Must have strong working knowledge of computer software to include but not limited to MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel and Word)
Talgo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
- We pay 100% Health Benefits premium for employees. 50% for dependents
- 401K with Company match (50% of your contribution, up to 10% of your wages)
- Great time off policy
Talgo Inc. operates a drug and alcohol free workplace
Talgo Inc. participates in E-verify
Talgo, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate with respect to hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.