The All Saints Neighborhood Wellness Center is seeking warm, energetic and customer-oriented Wellness Coordinator's who will make a difference in the lives of tenants and community members who are 55 years or better. New grads and seasoned professionals are encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for the continuing efforts of an already established wellness program which includes various exercise classes focused on the needs of those 55 years or better, as well as bring fresh ideas based on your expertise and experience.
Choose which days or shifts that will work best for you! We are looking to hire 1 - 3 individuals, so options can be to work full-time, half-time, part-time, or casual/PRN. The Wellness Center is open from Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Based on education and work experience.
Many benefits and perks available depending on hours worked.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand the wants and needs of the customers of the Wellness Center and/or the attendees of any exercise program or wellness activity held at the facility.
- Be knowledgeable about a variety of exercise classes that are appropriate for the senior population.
- Organize and lead any wellness activity or exercise class offered at the facility.
- Effectively promote and market the wellness programs and activities by communicating appropriately and professionally the weekly class and activity offerings to residents of the facility.
- Organize, schedule and oversee outside speakers to address additional healthy living for the senior population.
- Recommend wellness related equipment that is senior population appropriate.
- Perform research on relevant topics in health promotion and disease prevention and collect and evaluate program data/reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred.
- Converse and write in English and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Communicate effectively with residents, families, and other staff.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Follow all policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Plan time wisely and ahead for time-sensitive projects and complete time-sensitive tasks within a given timeframe or date.
- Practice safe work habits while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Work independently and be open to taking direction from others.
- Basic computer skills including email, web browsing skills, Word and Excel.
- Skills in program development, implementation, marketing and promotion, preferred.
- One or more years work experience with seniors, preferred.
- Lift/carry 25 - 40 pounds regularly.
- Lift/move/transfer 50 - 100 pounds occasionally.
Please visit our website for more information here.