Primary Wave Music is the leading independent publisher of iconic and legendary music in the world. The company is home to some of the most iconic songwriters, artists, and record labels across the history of recorded music including Bob Marley, Prince, Stevie Nicks, James Brown, The Doors, Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons, Smokey Robinson, Whitney Houston, Bing Crosby, Luther Vandross, Olivia Newton-John, and many more. The songs represented by Primary Wave include over 800 Top 10 singles, and over 400 #1 hits. Throughout the company's 16-year existence, Primary Wave Music has embraced an entrepreneurial spirit, offering, and executing proactive one-of-a-kind ideas, unique services, and marketing campaigns for our artists. Primary Wave has earned a stellar reputation for being forward thinking and re-introducing classic artists and their music into the modern marketplace as well as nurturing young talent to become legends themselves. This success is based upon our team of seasoned and creative executives collaboratively working together closely with our artists as partners. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of iconic artists and catalogs that not only reflect great artistry, but impact and influence culture.
The Primary Wave Sync Licensing department is seeking a New York-based Director of Creative Sync.
This is an opportunity for an experienced creative exec to join our dynamic team and work with some of the world’s most iconic music. This is a creative/pitch position that reports to the SVP/Head of Sync and would work closely with the entire Sync team as well as other Primary Wave departments.
Summary of Key Responsibilities and Essential role functions to include but not limited to:
- Pitch Primary Wave’s roster of classic artist catalogs, contemporary writers and management clients to advertising agencies, music supervisors, film/tv studio departments and others in the creative business community, identifying and generating creative sync opportunities and revenue for our artists
- Organize showcases and other artist / client events and meetings
- Work with other internal departments to assist with onboarding newly acquired catalogs and other new partnerships
- Handle incoming sync licensing requests and approvals while liaising with songwriters and managers, film/TV and advertising clients, as well as co-rights holders and publishing administration partners
- Assist in department and company projects as needed
- Be a key part of a collaborative and supportive team, while working with some of the world’s most all-time iconic music.
The ideal Director of Creative Sync candidate:
- Has 8-10+ years sync licensing experience at a music publisher, record label, ad agency, music supervision company or a similar position in a Sync / Licensing department
- Has an extensive, proven track record of proactively pitching and landing syncs in various visual media
- Has a very deep, established network of music supervision and other contacts in advertising and in film/TV music organizations, and is proactive in creating new client relationships
- Has thorough knowledge of music licensing, copyright, and the evolving advertising and film/tv music industries.
- Is a proactive self-starter who also works well as part of a team
- Is highly proficient in Microsoft Office, iTunes, Disco or similar music pitching platforms
- Has a strong work ethic and strives to make a positive impact on overall Sync department and company priorities
- Is passionate about music and our industry!
We offer exceptional benefits, to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer and an excellent career path. We provide one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including a healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays, life insurance, hybrid work schedule, and vacation.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this great opportunity, please click on the below Apply Now link to complete an application and submit your resume.
Individuals can perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.