Provide assistance and support in the growth of the Internal Fraud Prevention Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance and support to the internal fraud prevention and monitoring program. Assist in establishing the internal fraud prevention framework, policies, procedures, reporting and methodologies.
- Stay abreast of existing new and emerging fraud trends as they relate to financial institutions and develop strategies to protect the corporation from these trends.
- Identify areas of potential fraud risk in new and existing products/services. Determine adequate internal fraud prevention controls to minimize losses and risks.
- Analyze fraud loss data and recommend policy or procedural changes based on analysis of trends and other findings.
- Assist with internal and external fraud investigations.
- Work closely with cybersecurity and information security to support the investigations of suspected internal fraudulent perpetrators.
- Perform Code of Conduct investigation to identify any violations of the Code. Document findings of all investigations.
- Assist Human Resources with employee ethics related concerns.
- Perform daily fraud monitoring functions.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - A minimum of three (3) years of fraud management, internal audit or related experience.
Other - Strong banking or financial services industry background.
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field of study.
High School (required)
Three (3) years of fraud management, internal audit or related experience (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).