The Meaningful Day and Employment Coordinator is responsible for supporting, communicating, and building relationships with the people we support, their families, other professionals, and community-based organizations. Your primary goal is cultivating relationships with local businesses and organizations to establish internship and employment opportunities based on the skillset of the persons we support. You will also be responsible for community outreach awareness and case management/record keeping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Relations (45%):
• Builds and maintains relationships with members of the community.
• Responds to inquiries from community members and other interested parties; when needed, recruits a knowledgeable spokesperson or information source to assist.
• Drafts and distributes/publishes various content pieces that promote the company and individuals or groups within the company.
• Organizes community outreach programs and coordinates special events that influence public opinion or promote the company's products, services, or ideas.
• Coordinates community-based social, recreational, and programmatic activities of individuals served, consistent with support plans.
Career Placement (30%):
• Meets individuals to understand interests, skills, abilities, and education.
• Develops and maintains a list of available positions in immediate and surrounding geographic areas and remote or reasonably accessible opportunities.
• Work within a team to establish an employment plan for each person we support referred for placement.
• Accompany people we support to job interviews.
• Negotiates in the best interest of the person to obtain employment.
• Negotiates benefits and compensation packages in the best interest of the person.
• Develops and maintains relationships with business leaders and community clients, gathering feedback to learn how job placement services can benefit and meet these individuals’ needs.
• Collaborates with business leaders to identify job openings and promote the benefits of job training and placement services.
• Communicates and interacts positively and effectively with each person, visitors, family members, peers, and supervisors.
• Ensures Individualized Plans (including behavior plans and medication plans) are up-to-date and accurately reflect each individual on the supported caseload.
• Attends mandatory meetings, including in-services, supervisory meetings, and the annual “Individual Plan” meeting for each person served; Organize and conduct any team or house meetings regularly to coordinate successful functions in the home.
• Manages caseload schedule to ensure proper coverage at all times; Manage coverage hours, budget, and overtime while providing optimal care and support for the people on the supported caseload
• Reports all incidents within 24 hours to the appropriate personnel.
• Reports on assigned metrics in an appropriate timeframe.
• Supervises direct support staff and coordinates staff schedules in programs.
• Develops goals and objectives for individuals served and supports staff.
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• Must possess a strong service orientation, including active listening, critical thinking skills, and close monitoring of clients.
• Comfortable in an environment where patients/clients cannot perform essential life duties.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software to maintain records and prepare reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field
• Three years’ experience working in the Human Services field with a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience
• Fully Vaccinated
• Valid Driver’s License
• Prolonged standing, leaning, walking, bending, and lifting periods.
• Prolonged periods are sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
CHI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.