$21.67 - $25.96 hourly with excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, matching 401k).
This position provides support in the Central Characterization Program (CCP). This includes processing incoming Generator Site records, checking for legibility and completeness, scanning into a records server, entering records in the records software system and shipping records to the Carlsbad office located in Carlsbad NM.
Follows organization and department procedures to complete tasks in a timely manner. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Performs a variety of complicated tasks with minimum supervision.
* Help provide oversight of the CCP active records system for the assigned generator site.
* Receives in records - via transmittals or direct transfer from site operators, Vendor Project Manager, project managers, or other individuals in the CCP program.
* Performs data entry into records index and project tracking system.
* Performs scanning of records, as required.
* Checks records for legibility and completeness of each record received.
* Performs quality control checks.
* Scans records into the record server and bookmarks applicable records.
* Creates transmittals for each record(s) that are sent to different locations and maintains copies of records until a signed transmittal is received.
* Performs retrievals from active records system, as required for audits, assessment, inspections, surveillances, or corrections.
* Provides excellent customer service to the client.
* Processes records in a timely manner.
* Performs preparation of files to be maintained in the active records system.
* File various records media into active records system.
* Performs file maintenance, as needed as well as takes records via fed ex boxes to fed ex drop off.
* Participate in interviews and meetings for audits, surveillances, assessments, and inspections, as needed.
* Ensures safe work conditions are maintained by following all safety rules, by participating in periodic facility safety inspections, and immediately reporting any unsafe conditions whenever they are found.
* Knowledgeable in the TFE-WIPP Expectation and Safety Culture.
* Must exhibit strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
* Must possess excellent organizational, clerical, and time-management skills.
* Must have basic computer skills and familiarity with the postal system.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Must demonstrate a high regard for professionalism and customer service.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
* Must be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task
* Would be willing to travel for up to a week at a time to various locations if needed.
Associates Degree with 1 year of experience is preferred; however, a combination of education and/or relevant experience wherein the skills and abilities to perform the position's duties and accountabilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
High school diploma or its equivalent with at least 3 years of experience in the records management field or in a related area.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe is required.
Previous WIPP/ Nuclear or records experience is desired.
TFE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a federal contractor, TFE will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first day of employment. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. You will need to show proof of vaccination and completion of a Certificate of Vaccination will be required.