We are seeking a new Project Manager to join our team. Your role will be to provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating job site team, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. You will also be responsible to manage all or, on larger projects with multiple Project Managers, a designated part of a project.
As a member of the Project Management team, you will work with the project team and report to the Project Executive.
As project manager, you will:
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through regional department heads.
- Decide staffing needs of project and coordinate fulfillment of same.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities and manage the relationships.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.).
- Maintain good client relationships with a goal of obtaining future work from the client.
- Have other duties and responsibilities as needed.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A 4-year engineering degree or equivalent, plus seven to ten years experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tacts, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- To be a business-oriented person.
Why You'll Love Us:
McHugh provides a platform for collaboration, transparency, and efficiency. Within that seamless approach, we offer a full range of core competencies and capabilities including general contracting, construction management, design-build, preconstruction services, program management, concrete construction, structural engineering services on behalf of every client on every project. McHugh’s unwavering commitment and transparency to its clients, its ability to deliver exceptional results on time and within budget, and its dedication to growing and developing its partnerships with subcontractors is the reputation we’ve built and the reason behind our 80% repeat business.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
Please note that this position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship
James McHugh Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, and or any other basis protected by law or company policy.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability