Please note that this position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship
We are seeking a new Project Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for assisting in the management of a project, including processing and tracking submittals, RFI’s, and ASI’s/Construction Change Directives. As Project Engineer you may have primary responsibility for specific aspects of construction (for example, managing document control, pricing proposal requests and tenant upgrades, and updating the project schedule.
As a member of the Operations Department, you will work with our Project Team and report to the Project Manager.
As project engineer, you will:
- Draft and track RFI’s and submittals to the Architect and Owner for review and approval, distribute responses to all involved parties and maintain status report of approved or pending items.
- Review Submittals for conformance with the Contract Documents.
- Create and maintain submittal schedule, coordinate with over project schedule.
- Create and maintain revisions logs of Contract Documents to ensure key team have the most updated construction set drawings and specifications.
- Work with Project Superintendent and/or Safety Manager to enforce site safety on projects.
- Maintain and update project records, distribute information in a timely manner to all project stakeholders.
- Coordinate work with Project Superintendent and Subcontractors to ensure information regarding the project is communicated and understood.
- Collaborate effectively with other internal departments and employees including safety, accounting, legal, human resources, and marketing.
- Work with Project team to assist in coordination of buyout and award of Subcontractors.
- Ensure high quality of work is performed on projects, identify quality issues, and communicate to resolve them.
- Perform completion list and punch list with Subcontractors and Owners.
- Always communicate externally and internally in a clear, effective manner.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A 4-year degree (engineering, construction management or related construction degree).
- Good organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.).
- To be detail oriented and have the ability to problem solve.
- The demonstrated ability to work with a variety of computer software products.
- The ability and willingness to work as integral part of high performing project teams, may be assigned to more than one project of varying size and type.
Why You'll Love Us:
McHugh provides a platform for collaboration, transparency, and efficiency. Within that seamless approach, we offer a full range of core competencies and capabilities including general contracting, construction management, design-build, preconstruction services, program management, concrete construction, structural engineering services on behalf of every client on every project. McHugh’s unwavering commitment and transparency to its clients, its ability to deliver exceptional results on time and within budget, and its dedication to growing and developing its partnerships with subcontractors is the reputation we’ve built and the reason behind our 80% repeat business.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
James McHugh Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, and or any other basis protected by law or company policy.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability