Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
This internship program is sponsored by UL's Business Transformation (BT) team. This team works in partnership with the Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC) Customer Operating Units, Customer Experience, Commercial Excellence and Innovation & Transformation teams to build a unified customer experience and implement the Digital Strategy to lead the industry. This is done by continuously evaluating operations and examining internal and external customer feedback to identify and develop ways to improve and transform our processes, systems and tools aimed at helping employees meet and exceed our customers' needs
Interns within the Business Transformation team work together to solve real-world challenges, sometimes spurring innovations that change the way we do business. An internship at UL is an opportunity to learn while doing. Collaborating on exciting projects, not only with talented peers, but with top leaders in your field-most of whom began as interns and co-ops themselves. Our interns will work across the TIC organization on projects aimed at achieving optimal results and service excellence, most of which fall in one of the following areas:
- Data Analytics/Science and Process Improvement
- Financial Modeling
- Digital solutions and Data Migration
- Program management/Communications/Change management
- Undergraduate student who is entering their sophomore or junior year in the Fall of 2022
- Educational concentration in Engineering, Business, Economics, Computer Science or related area
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ambitious and resourceful self-starter who works well independently and collaboratively
- Ability to remain driven and focused in a remote work environment
- Interest in working with and learning from leaders at all levels of the company
- UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create. We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com