Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System's Legal business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do - in this role, you will be responsible for:
- The contracts intern will assist in a variety of administrative duties for government, commercial and international contracts and proposals.
- Ensure invoices are submitted and payments are received.
- Perform contract closeout tasks.
- Prepare and coordinate business correspondence.
- Maintain accurate and complete contract files and records for the company.
- Act as Records Coordinator for the Contracts department.
- Assist in the review of contracts prior to approval to ensure all agreements are incorporated. May serve as primary interface with customer
- Will assist in support of program team to ensure contract required deliverables are met and document any requested changes to contract terms
- Will work projects and perform tasks in support both internal and external audit teams, including Accounting, SOX, Textron Audit Services, DCMA and DCAA
- Review and process Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Perform other contract-related duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor's degree in Legal Studies or a related field
- Rising senior or candidate for Juris Doctorate with a GPA of 3.2.
- Currently seeking Juris Doctorate in Law is Preferred
- Ability to work with guidance and independently and utilize research techniques to resolve issues.
- Some understanding of applicable US Government contractual requirements such as FAR/DFAR and contract types.
- Motivated individual willing to learn and independent decision making.
- Strong ethics, values and integrity.
- Analytical skills to recognize potential and existing problems/challenges and make timely decisions to assure their resolution.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate multiple work assignments and meet critical deadlines.
- Advanced personal computer skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.