Now Designing - Future Leaders!
Wisconsin Building Supply, a Division of US LBM is Seeking a Truss Designer for ourGreen Bay, WI Location.
We are looking for a Truss Designer to add to our team. We're a people first company that's passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, thenapply nowto join!
What you should know about working at Wisconsin Building Supply:
- We are all about teamwork!All positions are hands-on, and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other.We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere;this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities.USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard.We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We're built on safety.We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How You Will Spend Your Days as a Truss Designer:
- Create component designs for shop fabrication based on information gathered from customers and project documents.
- Design residential roof and floor system and produce layouts usingMitek software
- Partner with your internal and external customers to ensure accuracy on estimates.
- Maintain job related files, including project status' and electronic filing.
- Using critical thinking skills to resolve architectural and design discrepancies.
- Create and update component designs for prefabrication shop and field installation
- Provide exceptional customer service by assisting customers as needed providing accurate, timely, and through information.
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
Truss Designer Requirements:
- 2 Year degree in architectural drafting or estimating is preferred
- Experience in truss design, layout, working with 3D applications, takeoff, quoting and/or sales is helpful.
- Adaptability in a fast place environment where priorities can be redirected
- Excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; you're a team player.
- Ability to maintain and enhance positive customer relations.
- Organized, detail oriented, and good math skills.
- Experience with Mitek software is a plus!
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual.Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days)
- The Good.401(k) with company match
- The Best.Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better.Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that?We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Wisconsin Building Supply.
Wisconsin Building Supply is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities areencouraged to apply.