Senior Quality Manager
Do you want to be part of an innovative, customer-focused Operations team inside a global company? Firetrace, a subsidiary of Halma plc, and a global manufacturer of life-saving fire suppression devices, has an immediate need for a Senior Quality Manager. At Firetrace International (www.firetrace.com) our purpose is “we protect lives and livelihoods by eliminating the impact of fire”. You can make a significant difference in helping us attain our purpose. Our values are that “we advocate for each other”, “we do the right thing, even when no one is watching”, “we own the outcome, not the task”, and “we harness curiosity to improve every day”. If you model these values, we would love for you to be a valued team member in our journey.
Firetrace is part of Halma plc (www.halma.com), a group of companies whose purpose is “to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day.” Halma plc was named Britain's Most Admired Company in 2020, providing innovative solutions to many of the key problems facing the world today. Firetrace is a growing niche fire suppression OEM that has been a part of Halma plc (LSE: HLMA) since 2015.
We have a need for a strong Senior Quality Manager at our HQ in Scottsdale, AZ. This is an excellent opportunity for a results-driven team player that can work cross functionally to solve business challenges and exceed goals.
The Senior Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that Firetrace products and processes consistently meet all requirements (internal and external) and legal compliance. The senior manager owns quality management system maturity and health. This is accomplished thru setting standards and monitoring processes across the entire value stream within Firetrace, including but not limited to supplier quality performance, incoming inspection, build process standards, final out/final inspection, internal audit program and driving the lean operating system. This also includes reviewing data for trends and taking action accordingly, reporting on performance and supporting customer audits and projects. They also act as the representative to all external regulatory bodies, including ISO, DCMA & LPCB.
- Lean and / or 6-sigma experience and tool usage such as FMEA is strongly desired
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers and suppliers in verbal and written forms
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common, ISO documents, & specifications
- Ability to solve problems using multiple techniques (i.e., Ishikawa, 8D, SPC, DOE, 6 sigma, etc.)
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, boards of directors
- Pragmatic ability to solve problems cross functionally
Education and /or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from Four-year College or University required, preferably in supply chain, operations, business, or engineering
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies required
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to understand and convey customer and 3rd party requirements
- 7-10 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Improve first pass yield via various QMS and Lean improvements
- Maintain all Quality system approvals
- Maintain or achieve product approvals for our various markets and quality systems
- Specifics of goal setting will be discussed and agreed upon between the VP of Operations and the Senior Quality Manager on a bi-annual and annual basis
- Annual performance appraisal ratings will be tied directly to reaching these goals as well as the other items contained in this job description and goals set for the specific review period by the VP of Operations
- Functional Expertise
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the Quality department including Lean
- Responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining quality system in accordance with ISO 9001
- Formulates and leads quality system objectives in accordance with all regulatory agencies and certifications
- Drive Lean Operating system deployment including supporting the ‘Lean Steering Committee’
- Investigate and lead formal corrective actions for customer complaints regarding quality using 8D or other formal problem-solving techniques.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine inspection requirements
- Support internal customer & business segments in terms of quality issues
- Oversee the RMA process, reviewing of RMA parts returned, and support coordination to resolve any issues
- Facilitate Internal Audits within Firetrace
- Lead and drive the Firetrace Corrective Action Process (CAR) using periodic status meetings and acting as a ‘consultant’ to help support the CAR owner to achieve effective completion (Closed Loop)
- Lead periodic Document Change Meetings to highlight procedural changes. (Cross-functional team)
Supports the business as it relates to present position.
- Participate in the development of the company’s Strategic Plan and related organization objectives; create Strategic Quality plans in support of stated organizational objectives
- Achieve or recommend quality systems that support our business segments
- Lead teams to solve customer complaints and improve our quality systems
Understands and defines both daily tasks and projects
- Complete Internal ISO Audits
- Plan and coordinate process improvement meetings for Management to align with organizational goals and objectives.
- Use technical skills to evaluate technical problems and engineer solutions to solve issues independently.
- Maintain a full understanding of the Company’s Quality Policy as it relates to meeting customer needs, expectations, and certification/ standards.
- Manage our customer complaints through prioritization and on-going follow up of the open issues.
- Manage the one-year goals and objectives for you and your team
- Prepare KPI reporting and balanced score card to drive improvement in quality.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize workflow
5. Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Effective communication skills up, down, and across the organization
- Coordinate with all departments within Firetrace to ensure concise and timely communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; utilizes active listening and gets clarification; responds well to questions
- Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively
- Respectful of others in all conversations and communications
- Focus on solving conflicts in a professional manner
- Remains open to others' ideas and willing to try new ideas and concepts
- Clearly communicate opinions with data to support ideas and concerns
6. Professional Development
- Formulates professional development plans as part of the one-year objectives
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Apply Situational Self-Leadership with respect to tasks and goals
- Aligns behavior to the Firetrace Values
- Promotes a professional public image for the company
- Adheres to all Firetrace Policies, including Computer, iPhone, iPad, & Mobile Device usage, attendance/PTO
- Protects the company’s privileged information as well as that of their customers
Halma offers very high levels of autonomy to its operating companies, while providing support when needed, with a particular focus on talent development and investment in people. See www.halma.com/our-people for more information. If you’re interested in working for a business whose primary focus is to protect and improve the lives of people around the world, you’ve come to the right place. We aim to be a company that does good work, and that’s good to work for. Our operating companies develop and create technologies that have a real, positive impact on people’s lives and health, businesses’ safety, and the world’s life-critical resources. Halma employs over 6,300 people in nearly 50 subsidiary businesses based in over 20 countries. Through innovation and acquisition, we have developed a portfolio of market-leading companies within our four sectors: Process Safety, Infrastructure Safety, Medical, and Environmental & Analysis. Our purpose is to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, military or veteran status, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Any applicant who needs to request an accommodation to complete the application process should contact Kristie Aguirre by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.