Exciting Opportunity for Welders!
We offer a great position with Caljan, a growing global company within the logistics/e-commerce equipment industry.
Caljan is a leader in Logistics Automation Solutions and is the leading manufacturer and provider of telescopic systems. Headquartered in Denmark, Caljan comprises four divisions – Telescopic conveyors, Document Handling & Labelling, Depot Automation and Aftermarket. Caljan’s American facility is located in Menomonee Fall, WI, in a 105,000+ square feet, temperature-controlled building.
Caljan Inc requires all employees hired after January 17, 2022 to be fully vaccinated/boosted against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
About this Position
Under the general direction of the Welding Manager and while following all safe work practices and procedures, Welders will rely upon their welding experience to cut and join metals at our manufacturing facility. Will operate a variety of tools and equipment to fabricate, fit, assemble, manufacture, and repair mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
- Read drawings and specifications to determine dimensions, tolerances, and layout of work
- Set welding equipment for work and set up components for welding according to specifications
- Use tape measures, precision measuring tools and related hand and power tools
- Prepare and clean surfaces and single parts for welding using power grinders
- Align components using calipers, rulers and clamps and clamp and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding
- Position and clamp workpieces together or assemble them in jig or fixtures
- Weld components using semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead) to produce welds free of undercut, slag, spatter and be neat in appearance
- Inspect finished welding seams and welded components according to drawing requirements and complete check lists
- Repair welding seam defects
- Complete other welding activities - grinding, fixing, stamping and cleaning welds
- Maintain an organized and tidy work area
- Assist in the movement of raw materials and completed sections
- Operate overhead crane to move components and sections
- Perform all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with MAG welding process
- AWS welder certificate or Weld Program completion preferred
Skills and Abilities for this position
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawing
- Skilled at using weld fillet gauges to ensure proper weld size and interpret tolerances
- Experience in using electrical and manual tools (drills, squares, calipers, rulers, etc.)
- Ability to identify and measure material and familiarity with metric system
- Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties
- Ability to work as a member of a team and/or independently
- Ability to consistently work within precise limits and standards of accuracy
- Great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task
- Comply with all company policies and quality and safety guidelines, including the use of protective clothing (face-shield, gloves, etc.)
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Talented at working in a fast-paced organization/high growth environment
- Effective verbal and written communication and collaborative/interpersonal skills
- Must be reliable with strong work ethic
- Skilled at troubleshooting and offering up improvement suggestions
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision, as well as with cross-functional team members and varying levels of the organization
- Crane and forklift experience preferred
- General computer experience
Equal Opportunity Employer