US - MI
UNITED BY STEEL - We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace culture and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are all responsible to live these principles and lead by example as we prioritize the physical and psychological safety of every team member.
Great Lakes Works facility is seeking an Occupational Health Nurse / Certified Registered Nurse. This position is responsible for supporting the Company's health, wellness, and safety objectives through the day to day performance and/or coordination of health and medically related activity. This includes, but is not limited to, the performance, supervision, and/or coordination of pre-placement evaluations, work and non-work-related illness/injury/disability assessments and treatment, surveillance exams, fitness for duty evaluations, and drug and alcohol testing. The successful candidate will lead, organize, and provide medical activity and programs with your medical team to achieve the department's service objectives cooperatively with USS Gary Works management and USS Corporate Health Services and Medical Directors.
Primary job responsibilities include:
* Perform and document physical exams that include obtaining vital signs, phlebotomy, vision screening, audiograms, spirometry, EKGs, and drug screening related activities associated with pre-placement screening, surveillance examinations, fitness for duty evaluation, return to work evaluations, and disability evaluations.
* As clinically appropriate, provide treatment of minor illness and injuries to include irrigation, cleansing and dressing of wounds and burns, removal of foreign bodies, minor procedures such as administering local anesthetics, suture wounds, assess and treat minor eye injuries and document the resulting case record.
* Coordinate and communicate health care to include the supervising physician, community EMS/911, corporate medical directors, and as appropriate local and corporate management.
* Evaluation, treatment and provision of care of non-occupational related illness and injury when appropriate.
* Provide emergency care at the BLS level.
* Participate professionally and with regard to privacy requirements for business needs with appropriate company managers regarding Workers' Compensation, OSHA, Disability Determinations, and Fitness for Duty.
* Provide clinical and organizational leadership for special programs including, but not limited to, seasonal influenza campaign, blood collection drives and health/wellness fairs.
The successful candidate must possess excellent verbal and writing communication skills, have basic computer skills, be a team player and posses good clinical skills, be flexible, assertive, persuasive, and self directed. To be successful in this position, you must demonstrate an ability to: (1) accept responsibility for direction, control, or planning an activity; (2) make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on clinical and practical judgmental criteria; (3) perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure; (4) communicate effectively with people from all socioeconomic backgrounds; (5) solve problems in a creative and effective manner and (6) seek guidance or assistance from supervisory physicians, medical directors, medical consultants and experienced managers if confronted with clinical or administrative concerns warranting escalation or that are unfamiliar or atypical to Health Service Manager / Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner.
Minimum requirements for the position:
* 3 years of applicable experience (i.e. occupational medicine, emergency medicine, urgent care, family practice, sports medicine, general surgery)
* Current CRNP (Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner) license in the State of Michigan a plus
* Certified in BLS
* Managerial and Budgeting experience required
Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn't be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles - to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation's energy resources - our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation - a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
* Previous work in occupational health or applicable clinical experience (family practice, emergency medicine, sports medicine, general surgery)
* Knowledge of worker's compensation law
* Training in a NIOSH approved program for audiometric testing and spirometry
* Certified Commercial Driver Exams (DOT)
Business & Support Services
Think: Think Critically and Drive Change Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate Do: Empower Performance and Deliver Results
Equal Employment Opportunity
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration - encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status. (California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice for information regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)