At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Industrial and Commercial Transportation Business provides rugged interconnect solutions specifically designed for Truck, Bus, Agriculture, Construction and Recreational Vehicles.
We are seeking a Manufacturing development engineer who will work with product engineers on new products as well as sustain existing parts to ensure design for manufacturability. Additionally, the mfg. engineer will assist in planning and execution of plastic injection molds with cycletime optimized and resin waste is at minimum.
* Collaborate with internal Product Development Engineers and external customers to refine the plastic part design for manufacturability
* The successful applicant will demonstrate free thinking and exhibit a high level of creativity
* Participate in and manage Mold Design Reviews with internal and external mold tooling suppliers
* Work with Launch Team Engineers to ensure that all product requirements are met
* Understand Process Flow, PFMEA, and Control Plans
* Specify, quote, and procure new injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment for the manufacturing plants
* Direct Process and Tooling Technicians on related issues that need to be addressed
* Lead external CAD team on the design and release of drawings for molds, fixtures and tooling
* Recommend multiple design ideas and work with external team to provide dimensional layouts
* Perform tolerance analyses, assign part numbers, develop BOM's and enter data into various systems
* Work closely with Product Engineers to ensure designs are optimized for production processes
* Contribute design concepts to improve quality of product or reduce product cost
* Assist engineers in creation and routing of manufacturing engineering changes
* Review existing data sets, determine gaps, solve or work with others to complete missing information
* Attend corporate workshops and serve as a local expert on the latest modeling and data storage techniques
* This position will require some travel
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of experience in plastics engineering; 1+ years in automotive industry
* Experience with Thermoplastic Injection Molding, Scientific Injection Molding Principles, and Decoupled Molding
* Experience with in-mold pressure sensors (closed-loop)
* Proficiency with CAD in order to design tooling for plastic products for manufacturing
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Prior Project Engineer / Project Management experience preferred
Ideal Candidate would also have
* Bachelor's Degree in Plastics Engineering Technology
* Experience with PTC PDMLink, MS Excel, MS Project and Web Browsers
* Experience with small precision plastic part design
* Detailed knowledge of machine hardware, i.e.: screws, nuts, bolts
* Additional certifications preferred include RJG Master Molder I & II training
* Works well on a team
* Attention to detail
* Comfortable with software and electronic data
* Fast learner
* Forward thinking
* Able to work through large data sets
* Works under limited or minimal supervision
* Comfortable with algebra and trigonometry
* Capable of product and tooling visualization
* Uses good judgment and problem solving skills to accomplish tasks
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at and on , , and .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.