BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters - to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help usDELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
Working in a challenging and dynamic environment with pro-active and positive team players, this position is responsible for performing account analysis for correction of errors through the research of past due accounts, reaching out to internal and external customers for help with resolution, the research of unapplied cash, and preparing and implementing the needed course for corrections. You will be the voice of and represent BNSF Logistics to our customers accounts payable departments and act as the primary day-to-day contact to optimize the collections of past due receivables.
A highly effective A/R Resolution Analyst has at least one year working in an Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable or Billing role in a transportation or logistics company. You will enjoy performing analysis, display attention to detail and work to correct customer invoices when errors are discovered. You are highly collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable participating in cross-functional projects. The A/R Resolution Analyst has the ability to effectively educate other areas of the business in order to reduce future errors, research invoice questions and issues, along with proposing solutions to correct the root problem.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- High school or GED is required, plus 12 - 24 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates Degree or Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel using formulas, vlookup and pivot tables is beneficial. Knowledge of working in TMS, CRM, and Accounting systems is beneficial.
- Review and manage a daily aging report to prioritize needed actions on accounts.
- Work with accounts receivable data to analyze discrepancies, find the root problem, and solve to resolution, many times with the collaboration and assistance of other departments.
- Collect and compile supporting documentation and customer authorizations from operations, which are necessary to complete the collections process based on customer billing requirements or contracted load requirements.
- Communicate via phone and email with our customers and their representatives to inquire about past due receivables and assist them with issue resolution as needed.
- Compare and explain differences between various data sources (our systems, EDI) as it relates to accounts receivables.
- Prepare the appropriate corrections to be made to the invoice, payment or account, along with providing documentation to support the adjustments.
- Drive constant improvement in the quality and accuracy of the accounts receivable open balances to ensure best in class customer experience.
- Compile and present collection reports, bad debt reports and other report information to various areas of the business including credit, operations, and sales.
- Activation of new customers and participation in the customer onboarding process.
- Perform any other business related duties as required or assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilitiesand skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be perform duties outside of normal requirements from time to time.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry-leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.