Provide support of the corporation's appraisal and review program in the role of Staff Appraiser
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Determine appropriate scopes of work for commercial real estate appraisal assignments by analyzing the productivity and/or financial performance of specific real estate and the influences that varying interests of real property may have on value, then effectively communicating the scope to the appropriately engaged appraiser.
2. Perform technical reviews of narrative commercial appraisals to ensure acceptable appraisal methodologies and techniques are utilized, as well as compliance with all FMB guidelines and regulatory requirements.
3. Perform technical reviews of commercial real estate appraisal reports to ensure compliance and credibility for use in consideration of collateral dependent lending decisions by senior management.
4. Work with appraisers to determine the best course of action for correcting deficiencies in reports when they are identified.
5. Document and report the results of reviews and values, and where appropriate identifying areas of risk associated with the collateral
6. Monitor market sources, investment data and financial markets for trends and influences on the various real estate markets. Interpret findings and complete market intel reports as assigned.
7. Determine the appropriate course of action for resolving differences between Bank personnel (Relationship Managers) and appraisers.
8. Direct bank personnel on compliance-related issues related to FIRREA, OCC, USPAP and bank loan policy.
9. Continue to build skills and develop complex/technical expertise related to real estate collateral including, but not limited to, appraisal industry standards, methodologies and regulatory requirements in order to independently perform the following tasks in an unbiased manner;
10. Assist in the day-to-day management functions of the RIMS appraisal work flow management system.
Education - Bachelor degree in business, economics or related field.
Experience - Over one (1) year experience working as (commercial) trainee appraiser, or certified general appraiser.
Licensure - Certified General license in the State of Indiana or Ohio, or substantial progress toward achieving the requisite education and experience requirements for taking the State Certified General Exam