Maintenance Facility Manager - Providence, RI
Directs and coordinates activities of workers, engaged in serving and repair of transportation equipment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs all of the following duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confers with department heads to arrange for equipment such as motorcoaches, automobiles, service vehicles and any other rolling stock and equipment, to be released from service for inspections, service, or repair.
- Establishes policies for inspection, maintenance and repair of vehicles; schedules repairs; assigns and directs activities of service and repair personnel; and follows up on repairs being made.
- Insures that all vehicles and documents are in compliance with state and federal CVSA standards
- Insures that the maintenance facility is in compliance with all OSHA and EPA standards
- Authorizes and arranges for purchase of supplies, tools and machinery.
- Consults with officials of operating and servicing divisions on vehicle replacement needs.
- Contracts for repair services not performed in shop.
- Investigates and evaluates cause and extent of damages to vehicles involved in accidents.
Manage all levels of maintenance employees both Union and Non Union in the repair and upkeep of Company motorcoaches, vehicles, service vehicles and other rolling stock. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems, budgeting and maintaining compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies. Is results oriented, demonstrating a strong commitment to the overall success of the company
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Managing People - Includes staff, both union & nonunion, in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skill and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves process, products and services.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures and efficiencies; contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have intermediate computer skills to prepare reports, conduct online ordering, and communicate via email systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with server abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Database software, Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and smell. The employee must have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
Employees in this position are required to abide by all Safety Policies and Procedures set forth by Peter Pan Bus Lines Inc. and all safety standards as required by applicable law or regulation.
Peter Pan Bus Lines is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.