No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies".
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth.
As an experienced designer in site civil work, you will coordinate directly with our civil engineers supporting our substation/transmission site development group creating site plans, grading and drainage plans, site development details, and potentially support other civil engineering efforts such as structural and foundation detailing. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to take basic direction from engineers to start projects using survey, substation overlays, aerial photography, and general site topography to create comprehensive drawing packages. A substantial attention to detail will be required, and the candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D (no exceptions). Effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and teamwork is required.
* Prepare site design drawings, models of site plans, grading and drainage drawings, and site details with a high degree of precision
* Ensure engineering design details are properly represented for the development of "greenfield" (new) substations, as well as site expansion projects for existing substations
* Exercise good judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on survey results
* May provide additional support on additional civil engineering project work, including structure and foundation detailing
* May provide additional support to our physical design group in laying out plans, sections, and details for substation projects
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* AA/2-year degree in Engineering Technology - CAD or related scientific/technical discipline
* 3+ years of relevant experience in site development. An additional 4 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education, along with CAD certificate
* Proficient with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation drawing creation
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: