This role can be located in Novi, MI or Orange County, CA.
We Invented CAE!
MSC Software was the first company to commercialize Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software. The race for space has not slowed down since our inception over 50 years ago and neither have we. Today, the push towards Hypersonic, Electric and Autonomous Vehicles has us moving even faster. Advances in computational hardware and software provide more opportunities to solve even harder problems. But we need your help to get us there.
Join the Team!
The MSC Technical Team is responsible for ensuring the ongoing technical success of our customers in their use of our software. Work with our diverse customer base across a multitude of industries and disciplines on some of the most interesting and challenging projects.
This critical function is responsible for developing new and existing customers by engaging technical teams in the launch, adoption, and growth of our entire portfolio. We work with the rest of the MSC organization to uncover new ways to make MSC products more valuable for our customers - solving both technical and business problems.
What You'll Do!
What We're Looking For!
- Work independently with area customers to support the proper use of the products, expand user growth, and increase product diversification of MSC products in order to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Manage the technical sale - develop clear understanding of customer needs, success criteria, budget constraints, timing, etc. Work to develop technical content (i.e. presentations, demonstrations, benchmarks, etc.) that deliver proof of business value for MSC's products.
- Provide technical account management for assigned strategic accounts.
- Assist sales team in understanding the technical requirements and technical decision criteria of prospective clients. Develop and manage implementation plans for new MSC customers.
- Work with sales team and technical management to develop territory support plans and manage the technical activities of key accounts.
- Deliver application consulting to strategic clients that includes the use of MSC products applied to specific moderately complex customer analysis problems.
- Teach product training classes, customized classes, give seminars on new product releases.
- Have the technical ability, communication skills and confidence to deliver quickstarts/mentoring.
- Provide support of local and regional sales efforts to ensure achievement and growth of quarterly revenue goals.
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience with multi-domain CAE simulations.
- Excellent FEA background a must - Experience should include use of MSC Nastran and/or MSC Marc as a minimum.
- Preferred: Knowledge of one or more MSC products, which may include Nastran, Marc, Apex, Patran, Adams, Dytran, EASY-5, Actran, Digimat, Cradle, Simufact, ELM, FTI, VTD, Romax
- Experience with a similar suite of engineering analysis software considered for exceptional candidates.
- Good understanding of CAE and analytical simulation workflows supporting the Automotive, Aerospace, Electronics, Consumer Products, Medical or Off-highway industries.
- Programming knowledge (Python required; Matlab, DOS or bash beneficial) and familiarity with APIs, script writing and XML.
- Project management knowledge and application experience.
- Moderate knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English communication is required.
- Availability to travel (up to 50%).
- Work to task completion including occasional off-hours and/or weekend hours as needed.
- Strong analytical skills, results-driven with a bias for speed and action
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a team environment
- Good problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive engagement and renewals.
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals.
- Ability to learn, grow and adapt to changing work requirements.