Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
TITLE: Manager, Philanthropic and Corporate Donors
LOCATION: Location flexible, Washington, DC preferred
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, New Business Development
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. Founded through a mother's determination, we are driven to see a world where no other mother, child or family is devastated by this disease. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world's most affected regions.For more information, please visit .
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking a Manager to provide leadership and coordination to advance EGPAF's strategic business objective for revenue diversification. Specifically, the Manager will advance diversification efforts for a selected portfolio of donors and technical areas with a primary focus on philanthropic donors including foundations and corporations. They will function as a critical member of the New Business Development (NBD) team and will be instrumental in execution of EGPAF's resource diversification strategy.
- Play a central role in implementation of EGPAF's organization-wide resource diversification strategy including coordination of cross-departmental efforts to execute donor specific pursuit strategies
- Drive technical design on concept for private and corporate donors
- Conduct on-going assessment of the marketplace to identify and build a long-term pipeline for revenue diversification
- Advance efforts to cultivate new and grow existing partnerships with donors and generate resources with a focus on philanthropic and corporate donors
- Lead proposal development and concept design for selected proposals including coordination of a cross-departmental proposal team, facilitate strategy development and program design, and write concepts for donor engagement
- Serve as a key member of cross-functional internal teams to develop strategies, concepts, and secure resources for emerging technical priorities
- Represent EGPAF at selected events and conferences to build donor relationships, gather intelligence on emerging donor interests and trends, increase EGPAF's visibility, and ultimately drive revenue generation
- Conduct research on donors and potential funding opportunities from non-USG donors
- Travel in support of relevant proposal efforts, information gathering, and represent EGPAF (as possible)
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in technical and programmatic design preferred
- Ability to facilitate cross departmental strategy sessions for concept and proposal design
- Track record in securing private (corporate and philanthropic) donor funding and managing donor relationships
- Experience writing concepts and proposals to a wide variety of donors
- Experience in international development, preferably in public health with a focus on developing countries preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding ability to interact effectively with Senior level staff across an organization
- Ability to lead diverse proposals and concept design teams to drive results
- Self-starter with innovative and bold thinking
- Outstanding analytical skills and excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Decisive and diplomatic, with strong and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
- Desire and ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position's level of Officer:
- Team Building -Team building is a person's ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Customer Service -Customer service is a person's ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
- Decisiveness -Decisiveness is a person's ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities. EGPAF does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of this recruitment, please report to .