Under the direction of the Product Manager, Automation, the incumbent performs service work on the BotX Cobot product line including installation and training, preventative maintenance, onsite troubleshooting and service, component repair and performs component upgrades while ensuring a safe working environment.
- Ensures a safe work environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc's health and safety guidelines.
- Services of robotic welding systems and their components.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical related issues with the systems.
- Ensures machines are tested, calibrated and run according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Ensures proper service documentation is completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment by ensuring all health and safety guidelines are followed both at RDA and customer facilities.
- Required to service systems both inhouse and at the customers site.
- Ability to attend a minimum of 2 weeks of company paid training per year focused on advancing the technicians ability to serve our customer base.
- Ability to work closely with customers as the Company's primary contact person to build confidence and deliver for the customer and RDA.
- Ability to maintain accurate and timely expenses.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Safety: Continuously improving knowledge and competency, ensuring that appropriate information is available to people who need it, and. consistently applying what has been learned.
- Integrity/Honesty: Continuously improving knowledge and competency, ensuring that appropriate information is available to people who need it, and. consistently applying what has been learned.
- Continuous Learning: Demonstrates responsibility for one's own career path and continues learning by identifying and applying new skills as needed to perform successfully on the job.
- Customer Focus: Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality service; is committed to continuous improvement.
- Teamwork: Demonstrates the ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, sharing responsibility and rewards, and contributing to the capability of the team.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations for resolution.
- Post secondary education equivalent to a one year Technical College or equivalent is an asset.
- Five years of service experience with robotics, or cobot systems
- Working knowledge of the MIG welding process is an asset.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail and solid organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ability to act proactively or find a solution with work-related problems.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents.
- Occasionally slippery floors
- Vibration while riding in trucks
- Heat, cold, humidity, or precipitation while doing outside work
- Controlled climate while working indoors in most locations
Major Physical Activities:
- Balancing - Seldom
- Bending - Seldom
- Carrying items - Frequently
- Climbing stairs - Seldom (varies by location)
- Handling items - Frequently, Moderate
- Hearing - Continuously
- Kneeling - Frequently
- Lifting items - Seldom, Moderate
- Reaching - Continuously
- Seeing - Continuously
- Sitting - Frequently
- Speaking - Continuously
- Standing - Frequently
- Stooping - Seldom
- Walking - Frequently