Health Unit Coordinator - Nights - Med Surg ICU - INTEGRIS Baptist Portland Ave
The Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of patient records, patient information supplies, equipment and communication. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
The Health Unit Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Answers the telephone and intercom promptly, relaying information to the appropriate personnel
* Provides information and customer service to patients, family members and visitors
* Assembles and maintains patient medical records from admission to discharge, following prescribed procedures
* Continuously monitors electronic patient medical records, communicates physician orders and test results and scans patient information into the computer system as needed
* Maintains inventory of patient chargeable and non-chargeable supplies for the unit
* Coordinates patient care activities, procedures and transportation with appropriate personnel
* Maintains, operates, troubleshoots and performs quality assurance checks on all office and computer equipment
* May retrieve and transport medications
* Answers the telephone promptly, relaying information to the appropriate personnel.
* Communicates physician orders, lab, and test results as needed.
* Enters patient information into the computer system as needed.
* Transports patient in the ER to Radiology and then back to the appropriate patient location in the ER after imaging.
* Assists in stacking the radiology rooms in the ER as well as assisting in room readiness between exams.
* Provides information and customer service to patients, family members, and visitors.
Mental Health Only:
* Utilizes accepted intervention, under the direction of the RN, Administrator, or Director Clinical Services, MHW Manager, in dealing with problematic patient behaviors
(i.e., therapeutic holds).
The Health Unit Coordinator reports to the department Director.
Mental Health Only:
Reports to the MHW Manager, with general supervision from the RN on shift.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Constantly; activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical restraint of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management Technique System.
Hazards are minimal if safety precautions are utilized.
Job Code: 8110
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* 6 months previous unit clerk experience or the successful completion of a structured unit clerk curriculum preferred
* Experience in computerized data entry and/or keyboarding preferred
* Experience in customer service role preferred
* Typing 20 wpm
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
INTEGRIS Mental Health:
* This job prefers, if needed, the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
For current Deaconess incumbent(s) only at the time of acquisition (10/1/2018)
For Deaconess Only:
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred