EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Senior Buyer
EMCOR Facilities Services seeks a Senior Buyer with procurement expertise. The Senior Buyer performs all procurement related tasks and duties necessary for the cost-effective procurement of services for the business including managing local supplier agreements while leveraging and aligning with Corporate Agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes selective supplier development actions including select face-to-face sessions
- Executes supplier management tasks to drive quality, compliance, schedule and cost performance
- Manage the RFP process for the selected trades
- Works within cross-functional teams in transition, development and execution
- Participates in supplier capacity reviews and approves supplier selections
- Assists in training, coaching and on-going mentorship of department Buyers and less tenured team members
- Assists EFS team in maintaining supplier information within supplier database
- Supports regional supplier councils and may attend a trade event
- Supports aggregated demand planning category management vendor negotiations
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in business, construction management or related field required
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience in estimating, procurement, sourcing or supply chain management with high customer service required
- CPM preferred
- Total Cost Modeling, Demonstrated knowledge of sourcing/procurement activities and formal Transition processes required
- Software experience Microsoft Suite, ERP Systems (SAP preferred)
- Experience putting together RFP's, leveraging spend and negotiating price.
- Willingness to travel overnight is required
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled