The Teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in the Bank's various transactions. The Teller meets the needs of customers by providing exceptional customer service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Practices exceptional service with customers using available training programs and measurement tools.
• Uses numerous software applications to accomplish daily tasks with minimal errors.
• Maintains a balanced drawer and resolves errors and/or discrepancies as they arise.
• Buys and sells currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
• Understands the features of Alpine Bank consumer and business products and services.
• Answers basic customer inquiries and cross-sells when appropriate.
• Works effectively in a team oriented environment.
• Follows all bank policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
• Customer Service oriented individual.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic mathematical and cash handling skills.
• Basic keyboard navigation ability.
• Understanding and application of banking compliance regulations.
• Bilingual abilities are a plus.
Education or Formal Training:
• No specific education or formal training required.
• An entry-level position requiring little or no banking experience.
• Previous cash handling and/or customer service experience preferred.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. There are prolonged periods of standing in a generally fast-paced environment. Some evening and weekend hours may be included.
These are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. It also requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary with repetitive motion likely.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.