Senior Financial Guides are responsible for enhancing existing relationships and developing new business opportunities. Senior Financial Guides deliver comprehensive financial advice to Alerus clients by serving as their trusted primary point of contact. All financial guides assist clients in their selection of Alerus solutions by recommending appropriate Alerus products and services to ensure the client successfully achieves their financial wellness goals. Senior Financial Guides are expected to focus their time developing new business with existing clients 60% and new clients 40%, approximately.
Job Function Number 1: Client Consultation & Service - 50%
- Assist portfolio of clients in selection of financial solutions by serving as the primary point of contact.
- Learn client’s financial objectives and provide basic financial guidance & planning utilizing the complete Alerus product offering.
- Effectively manage, analyze, and grow a portfolio of clients to provide knowledgeable advice to accomplish a high level of financial wellness.
- Perform regular proactive relationship reviews based on complexity and product or service level on assigned portfolio.
- Work closely with personal financial advisors, business advisors, associates, and product experts as necessary to fulfill client’s financial needs.
- Ability to originate consumer and business depository accounts, consumer and small business lending products, and Alerus investment products.
- Update CRM software to capture client activity, schedule required follow-up actions, and effectively onboard clients.
- Facilitate 401k and benefits participant enrollment & education meetings as a member of the advisor support team.
- Identify opportunities to develop relationships with employees of commercial clients
- Serve consumer clients’ financial needs holistically across all solutions, utilizing the Alerus playbook approach.
Job Function Number 2: New Business & Client Development - 30%
- Proactively solicit new consumer and small business opportunities with existing clients through the relationship review process including opportunities identified by CRM software.
- Place calls to prospective clients to discuss their financial needs and objectives by making outside sales calls, channel contacts, and through other forms of network building.
- Actively represent Alerus in the marketplace by establishing a network of influencers, active involvement in community organizations (i.e. Chamber, Rotary, etc.) and participation in networking organizations.
- Deliver solutions utilizing the steps in the Sandler process.
- Utilize CRM software to track new opportunities and schedule prospecting follow-up communication.
Job Function Number 3: Professional & Personal Development - 20%
- Develop and maintain a basic level of knowledge encompassing the financial services industry, stay current on trends that impact Alerus’ relevancy in its competitive space.
- Maintain a general understanding of basic financial planning concepts including credit, depository products, investments, income and estate tax planning, protection planning, charitable planning, and liquidity planning.
- Ability to execute most but still learning the eight Alerus solutions for the consumer client.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development. Actively pursue continuing education, reading, and self-development to enhance skills.
- Build solid working relationships with team members, acting as a resource for others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of financial services experience.
- Previous experience utilizing CRM software to track and manage sales opportunities.
- Demonstrated record of proven sales ability and client service abilities.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Established interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Basic math proficiency.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative, creativity and enthusiasm to develop sales strategy, prospects and client relationships.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to work with a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple phases of the sales process.
- Passionate about serving clients to positive impact their financial wellness.
- Proven problem-solver.
- Ability to manage the stressful nature of work and maintain professional composure, attitude, and behavior at all events.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets and locations.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.