We are seeking a new Superintendent to join our team. Your role will be to provide overall on-site administrative and technical management of all subcontractor activity on general building projects to ensure that safety, quality, cost, schedule and customer satisfaction are seamlessly delivered. The superintendent will ensure that the corporate policies and practices are followed and will promote a culture of lean practice. This is a highly visible position with responsibilities which impact the profit or loss of the company.
As a member of the Operations team, you will work with the Field Operations Manager and Project Manager.
As Superintendent, you will:
- Supervise construction efforts to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Includes but is not limited to interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives and subcontractors.
- Supervise craft employees and subcontractors as required.
- Provide assistance during preconstruction (site logistics, scheduling, work plans, etc.).
- Train and assist field staff in the implementation of the corporate policies and operational procedures.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing and related tasks).
- Provide technical assistance and interpretation of drawings and recommend construction methods and equipment as required.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents and standards.
- Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements and work rules.
- Document all violations, notify project management, and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and adherence to schedule.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- BS, engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of construction management and/or craft supervision experience.
- Thorough knowledge of: all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), union jurisdiction and labor agreements, craft agreements, engineering, cost control schedules and safety required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills required.
- Knowledge of lean construction methods a plus.
- Willingness to travel a plus.
Why You'll Love Us:
McHugh provides a platform for collaboration, transparency, and efficiency. Within that seamless approach, we offer a full range of core competencies and capabilities including general contracting, construction management, design-build, preconstruction services, program management, concrete construction, structural engineering services on behalf of every client on every project. McHugh’s unwavering commitment and transparency to its clients, its ability to deliver exceptional results on time and within budget, and its dedication to growing and developing its partnerships with subcontractors is the reputation we’ve built and the reason behind our 80% repeat business.
We offer the following benefits:
Please note that this position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
James McHugh Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, and or any other basis protected by law or company policy.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability