We are conducting telephone and/or video conferencing interviews during the public health crisis.
Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselors
Center Point, Inc. is currently seeking qualified and experienced Certified Substance Use Disorder Counselors for positions in the Agency’s Co-Ed Residential Program in Fair Oaks, CA. The ideal candidate has experience working in a substance use treatment and withdrawal management/detoxification environments with diverse populations. Experience should include the ability to facilitate and document group and individual sessions.
Center Point seeks experienced counselors to conduct screening and assessments; provide individual and group counseling; develop treatment plans; create and maintain client charts in compliance with regulatory agencies and funder; facilitate relapse prevention and; oversee continuing care services.
- Experience assessing client needs
- Individualized Treatment Planning based on client assessments
- Progress Notes and other necessary documentation that clearly reflect objectives of treatment plan
- Referrals to internal/external resources based on the clients individualized treatment plan
- Actively participate on the program’s treatment team and attends case conferences to exchange client updates, identify client needs, and collaborate on treatment strategies.
- Maintain an active caseload of clients, including all documentation, quality assurance, and data entry
- Perform treatment activities in compliance with all regulations and guidelines, including DHCS Licensing and Certification Standards, Title 22 Drug Medi-Cal, 42 CFR, Part 2 confidentiality and HIPAA privacy standards.
- Provide evidence-based, culturally competent, trauma-informed, individualized treatment and recovery services, including:
- Facilitate orientation and provide individual counseling for intake, assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, and discharge planning.
- Conduct comprehensive, individualized screening and assessments, including the ASAM.
- Facilitate educational workshops, process groups, and recovery services.
- Complete progress notes and ensure all client file documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Participate in quality assurance activities including peer review, URC, supervision meetings, corrective action responses, data collection and reporting.
- Provide comprehensive discharge planning, including collaborating with other members of the treatment team to provide referrals and establish linkages to ongoing community supports.
- Works well with others, team/collaborative approach
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Applicants must be certified or currently registered and actively working toward certification as an alcohol and drug counselor in compliance with all DHCS standards. Candidates must have two years of experience in behavioral health services.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Counselor Certification recognized by DHCS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- First Aid Certified within 30 days of employment
- CPR Certified within 30 days of employment
- Valid California driver’s license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Bilingual proficiency preferred.
Center Point is an equal opportunity employer.