Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
An internship in the FCC R&T team will involve an assignment to one of our departments having active research projects (Exploratory, New Product and Process Development, or Testing and Operations groups). The successful intern(s) work can focus on a number of potential projects related to FCC catalysts depending on the department needs at the time of hiring. Examples include:
- Synthesis of new zeolites and other materials within the Exploratory group
- Evaluation of reaction pathways and kinetics from high-throughput performance screening of new materials in the Exploratory laboratory
- Computational modeling and chemistry of catalytic materials and reaction pathways/kinetics within the Exploratory group
- Development of catalyst deactivation and performance screening tools and methods in Testing and Operations or Exploratory Groups
- Develop relationships between formulations, structure, and performance of catalytic materials in the Exploratory or New Product and Process Development Groups
- CurrentlyPursuing a M.S. or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Inorganic Chemistry, or related field from an accredited university
- Solid academic background.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an active and high-pace research environment.
- Initiative, creativity, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Research experience related to heterogeneous catalysts or synthesis of inorganic materials such as zeolites, alumina and silica materials, and other functional materials.
- Experience in generation, analysis, and interpretation of catalytic performance and characterization data
- Computational modeling and chemistry of materials and hydrocarbon reactions
- Experience in catalytic conversion and analysis of bio-derived oils for the production of fuels and chemicals.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled