Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services (GCB) has an immediate opening for an Employment Specialist at our Amelia/ Clermont County office! This position is a part of a new grant funded team to serve persons with severe mental illness and substance use disorder in Clermont County.
Please watch this Video to learn more about GCB.
The ideal candidate will have a BA in Social Work or Psychology or a related Human Services field and experience working with individuals seeking employment.
This position involves working with behavioral health consumers in all phases of the employment process including: vocational assessment, job readiness, job development and job search, and employment support. The job duties require knowledge of the population served, vocational rehabilitation, educational resource connection, service coordination, inter-agency collaboration, and local job market. The work hours for this position are Monday-Friday 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm.
- Employment Specialist role on a team of clinicians and providers working with persons with mental health and substance use disorder.
- Find and place individuals with severe mental illness and other related barriers into competitive community employment and providing job coaching services to those clients placed in employment utilizing the evidenced based supported employment principles.
- Develop employment goals based on individuals strengths and needs, and work as part of an integrated treatment model to include marketing Vocational Programs to business, community, and referral agents, networking with HR Departments, development of individualized placement plans, building relationships with community employers, and providing job coaching/employment site support services to clients.
- Provide the following services: one-on-one career exploration, job development sessions, resume development and critiquing, individualized job searches, job/task analysis, orientation and job training, collaboration with other service providers and/or treatment team, and other supports as required to assist clients to obtain and maintain employment.
- BA in Psychology, Social Work, or a related Human Services field and 1-3 years of experience working with persons seeking employment.
GCB has been named a Top Workplace in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky for the 9th straight year! Please visit our website to learn more about GCB. www.gcbhs.com #lifechanging
EEO Employer F/M/Disabled/Vets