AMIkids Inc., a nationally-recognized, nonprofit organization that transforms troubled youth into responsible members of our communities, is proud to announce the launch of AMIkids Alabama Family Services in the state of Alabama beginning March 1st, 2019.
Through a contract with the Alabama Department of Youth Services, AMIkids Alabama Family Services will offer a nationally-accredited Functional Family Therapy (FFT) program model to families in five counties: Butler, Covington, Crenshaw, Lowndes and Pike.
A first-of-its-kind in the state of Alabama, FFT brings a therapist into the home to work with the youth and their entire family, replacing negative, dysfunctional attitudes with a motivation to change, new skills, and better communication. All sessions are provided in the home, removing transportation as a barrier to treatment. AMIkids currently provides FFT throughout the state of North Carolina.
The FFT Therapist role provides community based intensive counseling services to youth and their families utilizing the Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Model.
This position will serve the following counties: Lowndes, Butler, Crenshaw, Pike and Covington.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage a caseload effectively and within FFT Model fidelity and requirements,
- Create and maintain HIPAA compliant FFT clinical files,
- Complete required FFT assessments and record in required database(s) timely,
- Mandatory participation in scheduled supervisions with team and/or individually,
- Meet all FFT training and skill requirements,
- Ensure timely submission of expense reports to include personal expenses and rental mileage log,
- Consistent ’Kids First’ focus,
- Schedule home visits in a cost effective manner and submit weekly itinerary to designated supervisor and communicate changes,
- Adhere to AMIkids safety and in-home visit safety procedures,
- Create and maintain working partnerships with internal and external parties,
- Complete monthly progress reports,
- Maintain professional relationship boundaries,
- Attend training/professional development, maintain applicable certifications and licenses,
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or related Human Services field,
- Obtain and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by AMIkids,
- Ability to appropriately handle crisis situations,
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certification by nationally recognized organization.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license in the state of employment and have a driving record that meets the standards of the AMIkids Transportation Policy.
- Flexibility in hours to meet families availability; including early mornings, late evenings and/or weekends,
- Ability to travel approximately 75% of time. Frequent and extensive car travel.
As well as an opportunity to make an exceptional difference in kids' lives, AMIKids offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and STD Insurance, Retirement Opportunities, Holidays & PTO, Education Assistance, EAP, Disability Programs and Credit Union Membership.
AMIkids Inc., Equal Employment Opportunity Employer • Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled • Drug-Free Workplace