AMIkids Inc., a nationally-recognized, nonprofit organization that transforms troubled youth into responsible members of our communities, is proud to announce the launch of AMIkids Alabama Family Services in the state of Alabama beginning March 1st, 2019.
Through a contract with the Alabama Department of Youth Services, AMIkids Alabama Family Services will offer a nationally-accredited Functional Family Therapy (FFT) program model to families in five counties: Butler, Covington, Crenshaw, Lowndes and Pike.
A first-of-its-kind in the state of Alabama, FFT brings a therapist into the home to work with the youth and their entire family, replacing negative, dysfunctional attitudes with a motivation to change, new skills, and better communication. All sessions are provided in the home, removing transportation as a barrier to treatment. AMIkids currently provides FFT throughout the state of North Carolina.
The FFT Program Supervisor role provides leadership, supervision, and community based intensive counseling services to youth and their families utilizing the Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Model. Oversee the day-to-day operations of designated catchment area and clinical team.
This position will serve the following counties: Lowndes, Butler, Crenshaw, Pike and Covington.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage clinical core competencies and carry a reduced caseload,
- Ensure confidentiality and HIPAA compliant FFT clinical files,
- Ensure all counseling sessions, coaching sessions and documentation are completed on time and in compliance with the FFT model and funding source requirements,
- Schedule and ensure staff adhere to FFT consultation requirements; participate in consultations,
- Ensure team’s adherence to, and fidelity of, FFT model,
- Schedule home visits in an effective manner and review team’s weekly itineraries
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to FFT Therapists,
- Facilitate individual and team supervision with the FFT therapist working group to meet FFT Inc. requirements,
- Ensure appropriate certifications, licensing and educational requirements are maintained in compliance with applicable regulatory and FFT standards and provide professional growth opportunities for staff,
- Ensure professional relationship boundaries are maintained by staff,
- Establish and maintain safety procedures and proactively address potential risk management exposures,
- Recruit, hire and train personnel; supervise and evaluate performance and ongoing development, maintain personnel files,
- Ensure operational, administrative and reporting compliance; track property, inventory and report discrepancies,
- Monitor and approve expenses, rental mileage reports and ensure timely submissions of expense reports,
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners,
- Perform accounting and payroll functions for the program in compliance with regulatory requirements,
- Maintain Program contracts, agreements, letters of support, leases and corporate bylaws,
- Effectively manage and participate in related board functions,
- Attend training/professional development, maintain applicable certifications and licenses,
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in a licensable Human Services Field (license preferred). Meet professional standards, licensure, and certification requirements or obtain within one year from date of hire,
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a mental health field, FFT experience preferred,
- Experience working with at risk youth preferred,
- Ability to appropriately handle crisis situations,
- Able to obtain and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by state requirements,
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certification by nationally recognized organization.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license in the state of employment and have a driving record that meets the standards of the AMIkids Transportation Policy.
- Flexibility in hours to meet families availability; including early mornings, late evenings and/or weekends,
- Ability to travel approximately 75% of time. Frequent and extensive car travel.
As well as an opportunity to make an exceptional difference in kids' lives, AMIKids offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and STD Insurance, Retirement Opportunities, Holidays & PTO, Education Assistance, EAP, Disability Programs and Credit Union Membership.
AMIkids Inc., Equal Employment Opportunity Employer • Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled • Drug-Free Workplace