Poudre School District is the 8th largest school district in Colorado including 55 schools serving ~30,000 students with 5,000 staff under one collective mission: to educate… every child, every day. We exist to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to graduate prepared to be successful in a changing world.
Our District proudly supports 1,856 square miles in northern Colorado, including Fort Collins, Laporte, Timnath, Wellington, Red Feather, Livermore, Stove Prairie, and parts of Loveland and Windsor. Nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and alongside the banks of the Cache La Poudre River, Fort Collins is located 5,000 feet above sea level and has a moderate climate with an average of 300 days of sunshine and 14.5 inches of precipitation a year. Fort Collins is recognized as the #1 best place to live nation-wide (Livability) and the #1 place in Colorado to raise a family (Business Week).
PSD is proud to be a top-performing district, recognized at the state and national level for student, staff and overall district excellence. Our students are selected as Boettcher, Daniels Fund, National Merit, National Hispanic, and Presidential Scholars. They are state champions in areas such as science, history, ocean and knowledge bowls, as well as in speech, debate, theatre and music. Our student athletes have become state champions in cross country, track and field, tennis, wrestling, swimming, baseball and gymnastics. Each of our schools has been recognized by the state for either student growth on standardized tests or performance and achievement.
To support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to graduate prepared to be successful in a changing world.
Educate...Every Child, Every Day
Poudre School District staff focuses on helping all students learn in an environment based on these operating principles:
- Operating with Integrity: We commit to being person of our word whose action are aligned with the language we use. Out of this foundational principle will come an atmosphere where we respectfully honor the truth that each of us brings to any endeavor.
- Committed to Continuous Quality Learning: Every member of our school community, in everything we do, will focus on increasing student and staff learning and growth. We will continuously define our goals and expectations and help one another be accountable so that we can be stewards of education at all levels.
- Trust through Openness: We will presume the good intentions of others and honor speaking the truth from our hearts and minds so that we can create a culture of openness for honest input and creative ideas.
- Courageous Action: Ethics and integrity will guide our actions even when the serious issues must be faced. With courageous actions, we will rise above mediocrity, chaos or isolation. We will support one another's courageous actions in an environment that embraces thoughtful risk-taking.
- Inclusive of all Stakeholders: We value all voices; our collective wisdom is greater than individual wisdom. People do their best work when they feel valued and connected, and we are all made stronger by each of our successes. We will continuously work to create a climate that values diverse thinking, mutual respect and working as a team for the betterment of the whole organization.
- Joyful in our Work: We strive to cultivate the human spirit and to care about staff and student feelings. We dedicate ourselves to provide inspiration and support for each other, to be non-judgmental, and to be genuine. Enjoying our work, taking the time to laugh, and having fun are important to us and will provide continual rejuvenation. Joyfulness promotes personal and organizational health and generates more opportunities for success.
Discover your passion in PSD!
PSD offers excellent job opportunities for professionals looking for careers in teaching, administration or in support roles both in and outside of schools.