LMI Aerospace is a leading supplier of structural assemblies, kits and components and a provider of design engineering services to the commercial, business and regional and defense aerospace markets. LMI fabricates, machines, finishes, kits and assembles machined and formed close tolerance aluminum, specialty alloy and composite components. LMI also provides engineering and program management services, supporting aircraft product lifecycles from design to fleet support via complete turnkey engineering solutions.
Since 1948, we have provided cost-effective aerospace solutions to our customers’ most challenging problems. From a single part to a complex aerostructure, our integrated approach ensures that our customers receive the highest-quality products, the best customer service and the most outstanding value in the industry. In short, we take performance to a higher level.
Creating the structures that help our customers soar.
Provide the best solutions to our customers with a focus on operational excellence in the production of complex components and assemblies.
LMI is a culture united by a shared purpose and vision, supported by integrated systems and resources, and committed to integrity, quality and customer support. The result is a world-class aerospace organization that works together as one company, with the expertise and capabilities to build major structures on any major platform in the aerospace industry.
We have achieved remarkable success by setting the bar high and delivering on our promises. LMI continues to demonstrate a high level of performance by focusing on operational excellence throughout every aspect of our business, including operational performance, customer responsiveness, employee development, and technology and innovation.
Life at LMI
What makes LMI different?
Unlike some manufacturers who simply ride the tide of the industry, hiring when business is booming and down-sizing when the economy tightens up, our focus is on long-term success. We seek strategic, long-term business relationships with our customers; a balance of industry sectors (commercial, business and regional, and defense); and selective domestic and international suppliers to help ensure our viability in a highly cyclical industry. We take pride in the longevity of our workforce, our goal of job security, and the contributions we make to our communities.
- A Stake in the Outcome - We believe all employees should share in our success. Through our base and variable compensation programs, we provide various opportunities for employees to participate in both our short-term and long-term success.
- A Team Approach - Our employees are organized in work teams and have a high degree of control over their work processes. Flexibility is key as we strive to continuously improve our products, processes and services. Cross training is essential, as is the desire and ability to learn and improve. Collaboration, participation and cooperation are required of all employees.
- Advancement - As a growing company, we strive to promote from within as well as bring in new people with different skill sets and perspectives. We value our employees and the diverse experiences, ideas and opinions they bring to work every day. Pay and advancement opportunities are based on skills and performance, rather than seniority, and employees are encouraged to take part in the various training and education programs we offer.
- Safe Work Environment - We work together to achieve a safe and healthy environment for all. Through our safety teams and the involvement of all employees, we define safe work practices, processes and behaviors to meet our goal of zero accidents and zero injuries.
- Careers and Education - We offer a career not just a job, and we want to help you achieve your goals now and in the future. We provide tuition assistance for funding your education, memberships in professional organizations, attendance at outside seminars and workshops, and internal training opportunities.
- Work/Life Balance - We know that life is more than work and through our benefit programs, employment practices and management approach we work for the success of the company, the individual and their families.
We work hard to incorporate our values in every decision we make and every action we take. They are the foundation of our success and define how we work together:
Let's Do the Right Thing
Make a Difference and Seek the Best in Everyone
- We act with consideration for our people, partners, customers, shareholders, communities and resources.
- We do what’s right even when we think no one’s looking, and when we make mistakes, we own them and fix them.
- We openly share information and insights as appropriate.
Imagine Something Greater
- We expect the best in ourselves and help others to find the best in themselves.
- We assume the best of others and are open to other perspectives.
- We actively listen to create understanding, and ask questions no matter how tough.
- We look to see the bigger picture – how our work helps to serve our customers, how our individual successes link to LMI’s success, and to understand the challenges and opportunities shaping our business.
- We reach out to others across the organization for insights that help guide decisions and generate ideas.
- We continually look for and are open to better ways to do things and think about how to make LMI a better company.